Tax Deductions For RN’s
Did you know that you can deduct the purchase of nursing uniforms when you e-file your tax return? But you can deduct so much more. In fact, any purchase that you make that is directly related to your work is a tax deduction. The exception is that you can’t be recompensed by your job and then still claim them. As with everything in taxes, you’ve got to keep proof of this in case you get audited. Here’s a list of some things that people in the nursing profession can deduct on their taxes..
- Professional licenses that you pay that are related to your job.
- Union dues.
- Subscribe to nurse magazines? They’re deductible too.
- Malpractice insurance.
- The cost of classes taken to upgrade your skills.
- Nursing tools like PDA’s.
- Programs and applications you use on the job.
- Job search expenses.